In 2018 we designed, and then built new, two of our vacation homes to be more accessible for our guests. This includes the following:
- Large garage for vans with ramp from garage into the house
- Level access flooring on each floor (no thresholds)
- Elevator access to all floors (we have a backup generator that automatically works if we lose power
- All floors are either hardwood or tile
- All the doorways are wide
- Wide hallways
- Bathroom that is wheelchair accessible
- Grab bars in all bathrooms
- The 3rdfloor kitchen/living-room/dining room is wide open with amble space to move a wheelchair around
- There is a 1-inch rise from the kitchen to the outside covered deck. We have a ramp for that if needed.
25' x 25' garage for large van.
Elevator with access to all 3 floors
Extra wide hallways.
All floors are wood or tile.
Open concept kitchen & living room
Large handicap accessible common bathroom on 2nd floor.
Large handicap accessible common bathroom on 2nd floor
Bedroom #1 - Master bathroom on the ground floor.