Frequently Asked Questions
This is your go-to place for answers about our properties and the area.
About the Area
Beaches: York has four beaches, two of which (Long Sands and Short Sands) are the most accessible for folks renting the area. Metered parking is available for both beaches. Town of York Parks & Recreation Department has a lot of information about each beach, parking, when lifeguards are on duty, etc.
Grocery Shopping: Hannaford’s is located right off of the highway (exit 7) when you arrive in York. It’s a very nice supermarket with a great produce section, as well as beer, wine, and alcohol. (York doesn’t allow plastic bags, so please bring reusable bags or plan on walking out with a lot of paper bags.)
Restaurants: There are SO many wonderful restaurants in the area, it would be impossible to list them all! Here are some of our favorites: Cape Neddick Lobster Pound, Stage Neck Inn, York Harbor Inn, Frankie and Johnny’s (cash only/byob), Union Bluff, and Joshua’s (make a reservation!). A lot of places are closed during the off season, so please check with the restaurant before going if you are visiting outside of the summer months.
Visit our Pinterest board for a lot of great places to eat and things to do in the area!
About our Properties
This information is true for each of our properties.
- We don’t allow parties or weddings at our homes.
- The maximum number of people and cars is non-negotiable.
- 6 Nubble Road Extension: Sleeps 12 (1 king, 2 queens, 6 twins): 1st floor – 1 room with two twin beds, 2nd floor - master suite with a king (same floor as the main living area), 3rd floor – two rooms with queen beds, open area with 4 twin beds. Parking available for 4 cars.
- 8 Nubble Road Extension: Sleeps 12 (1 king, 2 queens, 6 twins): 1st floor – 1 room with two twin beds and open area with 4 twin beds, 3rd floor – master suite with king and two rooms with queen beds. Parking available for 5 cars.
- 12 Nubble Road Extension: Wheelchair accessible with an elevator. Sleeps 10 (1 king, 2 queens and 4 twins): 1st floor – queen bed with on-suite bathroom, 2nd floor – master with queen bed and on-suite bathroom, bedroom with king, bedroom with one bunk bed and two separate twin beds. Parking is available for 4 cars.
- 60 Nubble Road: Wheelchair accessible with an elevator. Sleeps 10 (1 king, 2 queens and 4 twins): 1st floor – queen bed with on-suite bathroom, 2nd floor – master with queen bed and on-suite bathroom, bedroom with king, bedroom with one bunk bed and two separate twin beds. Parking is available for 4 cars.
- Nubble Road Extension is a new street. If the address of the home you are renting doesn’t show up on the GPS, please put in 58 Nubble Road. Nubble Road Extension is directly behind Nubble Road.
- There are children on our street so please leave and enter Nubble Extension slowly.
- Check-In Time: 4:00pm Check-Out Time: 10:00am
- Each house has a lockbox with a key inside for entry. The week that you are moving in, we’ll email you the code. Additional keys will be inside on the kitchen table. If you arrive at the house and it’s open, please don’t be alarmed. If we are in the area and the weather permits, we like to come by to open doors and windows and make sure the house is clean and inviting.
What to Bring, What Not to Bring:
- Kitchen: fully stocked with dishes, pots & pans, silverware, etc.
- Small appliances: Keurig, a regular coffee maker (including filters), blender, crockpot
- Other items in the kitchen: salt & pepper (no spices), dishtowels and a limited supply of paper towels, dish detergent, hand soap, toilet paper
- Grill: Gas grill with an extra propane tank
- Washer & Dryer
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Cooler: 70 qt. cooler
- Beach gear: 8 sand chairs and an umbrella
- Linens ARE included (sheets, towels, comforter, and pillows).
- Long Sands Beach is a 5+ minute walk (depending on how fast you walk, if you have kids, etc.)
- Nubble Lighthouse, Dunn’s Ice Cream, Fox’s Restaurant is a 10+ minute walk
- Short Sands Beach can take anywhere from 15+ minutes, depending on what direction you go. If you walk towards Long Sands, but turn right instead of going to Long Sands, that’s the fastest route.
Is there something we should add here to this section? Please let us know!